Text message marketing reaches potential patients directly and effectively while also building stronger relationships with current ones. Texting allows chiropractors to connect with their patients in a meaningful way and encourage them to make an appointment.
Try these text message marketing strategies to increase engagement and the number of patients booked.
1. Segment Your Audience
Group text marketing lists based on patient behavior, interests, or location to send more targeted messages that resonate better with patients. Well targeted messages lead to replies, link clicks, referrals, and bookings. Patients will feel like you understand them and their needs.
To get the most out of segmented lists, use a text message platform that allows you to segment your audience based on different criteria.
Common ways of segmenting contacts include:
- location to send messages about events or promotions in a specific area
- purchase history to send messages about related products or services
- interests/preferences to send messages about specific topics or services
So, how do chiropractors decide which groups of contacts to target with their messages? Look at past marketing efforts to determine if there’s certain groups of patients that have been most responsive. What offers did you send them? Did certain emails or mailers get more people to schedule appointments? Focus your efforts on those patients first.
2. Personalize Messages
Personalization is one of the most important aspects of effective text marketing. Again, use patient data (location, appointment types, birthday, feedback) and behavior to customize text messages to each patient to increase engagement and build stronger relationships. However, carefully choose what information you include in messages so you remain compliant with HIPAA regulations.
Consider the following personalization tips when writing text messages as a D.C.:
- Use merge fields to automatically insert patients’ first names in the message
- Reference specific pain points or concerns that patients mentioned to you in person
- Send messages at the time of day when patients will most likely engage
For example, if a chiropractor works with a patient experiencing neck pain, they could send them a message that says, “Hi [First Name], here’s a quick stretch you can do to alleviate the discomfort in your neck until we see you in the office: [insert link or picture of stretch].”
As a D.C., show your patients that you remember their specific needs and concerns. That way, you build trust and establish yourself as a caring and knowledgeable chiropractor.
3. Send Texts at the Right Time
Sending messages at the right time also proves important to the success of a chiropractor’s text marketing campaign. In other words, send messages when patients are most likely to see the messages and engage with them.
Keep in mind these text timing tips:
- Send messages during business hours (generally 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) to increase the likelihood of a response
- Send messages at the beginning of the week to help patients start their week off on the right foot
- Send appointment reminders at least a day before an appointment
- Send messages before holidays or weekends to promote services or products that patients may be interested in using during those times
Here’s an example text message a chiropractor could send on a Monday morning: “Good morning [First Name], hope you had a great weekend! We’re here to help you start the week off pain-free. Try this (stretch/exercise/routine) and let us know how it feels! (link to resource)”
Then, on Tuesday or Wednesday send a follow-up text specifically asking if they tried your advice (if they haven’t already replied, of course).
To schedule messages in advance, definitely consider using text message automation. Automating messages not only helps to maintain ongoing conversations, enabling busy chiropractors to stay connected even when they’re otherwise scheduled, but also ensures that messages get sent at the right time.
4. Create Urgency
Create a sense of urgency to encourage patients to do something. Highlight time-sensitive offers or promotions to encourage patients to purchase or schedule soon.
Add urgency to messages by:
- Offering limited-time discounts or promotions
- Using language that emphasizes the urgency of the offer
- Including a clear expiration date or time for the offer
Use words and phrases that create a sense of urgency, such as “limited time” or “schedule now,” to encourage patients to take action quickly. Similarly, create a sense of scarcity or exclusivity, such as “exclusive offer for our VIP patients.”
For instance, send a message similar to, “Hey [First Name], last chance to take advantage of our (percentage off) chiropractic adjustments! Offer ends tonight at midnight. Book your appointment now.”
5. Include a Call-to-Action to Encourage Engagement
Include a clear call-to-action in text messages to drive a specific action. Make it as easy as possible for patients to schedule an appointment, read an article, or purchase a product or service.
To get the most out of call-to-actions, chiropractors need to use action-oriented language that clearly communicates what they want the patient to do. Use phrases like “book now,” “call us,” or “visit our website.”
To include a clear call to action in messages:
- Use direct and concise words
- Include a link to an appointment scheduling page or product page
- Offer a discount code that can be used when booking an appointment
Book More Patients With Text Messaging
Ultimately, these five texting strategies help chiropractors book more patients from the start and build lasting relationships that lead to long-term, loyal patients.
Are you a chiropractor new to text message marketing? Take a tour of Skipio, a two-way text messaging platform specifically made to help you build relationships with and engage future and current patients.